- Garbage Collector Basics and Performance Hints
- Read the 64 bit part of the registry from a 32 bits application
Multiple assemblies into single assembly
- Custom Exceptions - (http://dotnetconcepts.wordpress.com)
- Custom Exceptions - (http://blog.gurock.com)
- Exception Handling Best Practices - (http://www.codeproject.com)
- Exception Hierarchy - (http://msdn.microsoft.com)
If you are designing an application that needs to create its own exceptions, you are advised to derive custom exceptions from the Exception class. It was originally thought that custom exceptions should derive from the ApplicationException class; however in practice this has not been found to add significant value.